CSA believes that promoting and nurturing Activism is very important for the positive transformation of the society. Bangladesh has emerged as an independent state through a long struggle failing the authoritative, discriminatory and non-inclusive policy implemented by the ruling class. Social activism of countless social activists played a vital role for that positive transformation during that time. However, over the years, social activism has become week for many reasons-both local and global.
CSA would like to cultivate and nurture social activism considering that Bangladesh has a great potential for that with its large number of youth population and for its proud history of positive changes through social movements.
In doing so, we would like to:
- Facilitate dialogues and debates to foster critical thinking in the society;
- Entail social changes through promoting progressive discourses;
- Enhance activism through developing vibrant community;
- Promote the principles of diversity, pluralism, tolerance and cohesion through youth engagement;
- Monitoring Human Rights situation and provide views for betterment;
- Promote solidarity and support for human rights activists